So this afternoon I made up my questionnaire online on SurveyPlanet. It's the same questionnaire as the paper one I handed out last term that you edited (thanks, by the way!).
So, armed with an URL and a description of what my questionnaire is about, I posted it on my personal Facebook and Twitter page. Mum also shared it on hers.
Moreover, I posted the questionnaire and direct messaged organisations through facebook. The organisations and pages I targeted are:
- World Vision Australia
- 40 Hour Famine Australia (who have already responded to me and a representative completed my survey! They said they'd get back to me with any resources that could help me with my PIP!)
- Sutherland Shire Amnesty Group
- Amnesty International Australia
- Oxfam Australia (post to page only)
- Eurovision Song Contest (post to page only)
- Amnesty International (international page, post to page only)
- Plan Australia
So hopefully I hear back from these groups, and get some great responses to add to the collection I already have from my focus group!
Clever idea! Great to hear that you got a response back from 40 Hour Famine already.
ReplyDeleteWhat's been going on with your Human Rights group? You're still using this as the foundation of your action research, aren't you? It would make a lot of sense to conduct some primary with some of the group's members.
It would also be ideal if you could score an email interview with an Australian grass-roots social justice campaigner. I used a lovely lady who runs an orphanage in Cambodia when I did my PIP. I'm sure she would accept. She runs a very small grass-roots organisation, and could provide a very unique and cross-cultural perspective. Her name is Tania. Here's the link to the webpage with her email: http://www.greengeckoproject.org/flex/contact-the-green-gecko-project/127/1
Mr Cox