Sunday, 31 May 2015

Primary Plans

The time has come to start planning and conducting my primary methods of research for my PIP. 

So far, through reading the sheet we got in class, I have narrowed down my primary research to four possible methods. 

These include: 

1. Questionnaires
These would include me composing a paper questionnaire to hand out at school, MMB, etc. addressing how the respondents engage with social justice. I plan to make a digital questionnaire as well that I will make available via social media, so I can get responses from all around world and from many age groups.

2. Focus Group
This would involve me conducting a focus group with the EHS Human Rights Group, posing them with questions about engaging with social justice, and what they believe causes most change in the world. 

3. Content Analysis 
To address the aspect of my PIP looking into Eurovision, Band Aid and USA for Africa, I plan to analyse several songs that cover and push for social change and then see if they really aided in any change occurring. 

4. Interviews
With any luck, I hope to be able to email some representatives from NGO's such as Amnesty International, World Vision and other groups our school has connections with to ask them which method of social justice works best in causing or aiding in change in their respective organisations. 

Hopefully these methods of primary research will give me some fascinating insights into society's attitudes to social justice and how they engage in it. 

Stay PIPing!

1 comment:

  1. The questionnaire and focus group look great - they will compliment each other nicely and should produce some interesting comparisons and conclusion. An interview would be a great idea. Start sending email requests! I can certainly put you in touch with a few people if you don't get any 'bites'. I know someone engaged at the moment in grassroots work at a university in Sydney, and another woman in Cambodia who runs an orphanage in Siem Reap. Both very much grass roots, and making a wonderful difference in their own ways.

    Not sure about the content analysis and how exactly that would work. How will you measure the songs' effectiveness through the content analysis itself?

    Mr Cox

    ReplyDelete